• Giulianni Giraldo

Gluten Free?

So many people get caught up in this whole gluten-free fad without even knowing what it means. So let me give you a little background so you can understand what this is.

Gluten is a protein composite found in wheat, barley, and other grains and its what gives bread its chewiness. About 1% of the population is sensitive to gluten; this is known as Celiac disease. People with this disease must avoid gluten due to the negative impact that this causes over them.

Yet some how this REAL issue of those who suffer from celiac have to deal with got mixed up into the general population and became the next boom in the food business. So much that it became a multibillion dollar industry.

But why is it such a booming business when only 1% of the population has to avoid gluten?

For the rest of us gluten has absolutely no negative impact on our lives, and its actually good for us. Somehow people without celiac decided to diagnose themselves with what researchers call Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS). So now the excuse is that 1% of the population has celiac, but the other 99% seems to have gluten sensitivity, but let me tell you right now... This is nonsense and if you don't have celiac disease you do NOT have to avoid gluten.

Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, leave a comment below.